The following violations are suspendable offenses and are enforced at school and to and from school:
1. Causing, attempting to cause or threatening to cause physical injury to another person. This includes fighting or instigating a fight at school or on the way to or from school
2. Possessed, sold, or otherwise furnished any firearm, knife or explosive, or other dangerous object.
3. Possession, use, or sale of intoxicating liquor, illegal drugs or drug paraphanalia, or intoxicant on or near the school grounds
4. Stealing or extortion. Extortion is getting money or other goods by threats
5. Damaging, destroying, or defacing school or other property, including graffiti damage. (Markers of any kind are not to be brought to school)
6. Stolen or attempted to steal school property of private property or knowingly receiving stolen property.
7. Use or possession of tobacco on or near school grounds
8. The use of profane, vulgar, obscene, or degrading language, writing or pictures
9. Disrupting school activities or a flagrant disobedience and/or defiance of school staff authority
10. Selling, buying, or using firecrackers, caps, bullets, or other such explosive devices, including matches and cigarette lighters
11. Hazing-defined as any act that disgraces any fellow student, this includes spanking on birthdays
12. Aids or abets the infliction or attempted infliction of physical injury to another person
14. Gambling on or near school grounds
15. Leaving the school grounds without permission
16. Pulling of a fire alarm with intent to cause havoc
17. *Possession, use, sale, or furnishing of knives, guns, or other weapons on the School grounds
18. *Use or possession or sale of dangerous drugs
19. *Sexual harassment
All violations of above rules could result in one or more of the following: in-house suspension, suspension, citation, referral to district guidance committee for adjustment transfer or expulsion. If there is more than one violation of BP 5495, a student will be recommended for expulsion.
*According to the Education Code and Norwalk-La Mirada Unified School Board Policy, the principal or superintendent may under certain circumstances, by law, recommend a student’s expulsion for committing the acts in numbers 17, 18 and 19 of the above. Any student who is expelled by the School Board cannot attend any school within the district during the period of the expulsion.